Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
?

Originally Posted by Ernie B
Perhaps Im the one who has lost their vision. I hope not.

You have not lost your vision.
I agree with you.
Not so strongly that I want to make an issue out of it.
Live and let live!
IMHO

Live and let live
C
C
It is a shame that when something is posted on this message board, that it becomes a "Sounding Board" for every issue, other than what was posted.
IF YOU DO NOT WISH to be involved in this fund raiser, DON't... but there really is NO need to bash this project.
I personally have worked on Fund Raising for the Schools... and FYI so has Derrick.. We chose to fund raise for this young man, based on his talent, personality, integrity, and give him the opportunity that otherwise would NEVER be available to a kid from this island.
He works extremely hard with his music, pays for himself and his brothers school tuitions, was a founder for the High School Band... which raises funds back to the High School.
Give him a break, and stop "P" ing on each other... or take your personal insults somewhere else.

Have a great day
P
P
Undoubtedly other Belizeans have achieved success in music internationally, but I don't know of any others who have achieved what Derrick is on the verge of achieving at the age of 17.

It's a shame that there are no "classical" musicians among them.

U
U
There are classically trained musicians in Belize....including Francis Reneau who is a well known international composer.

WTF "E" ?? Pickin on my buddy Derrick?
Donate to whatever cause you want, but don't try to muck up this worthy one.
He's a very appreciative young man who deserves a chance to improve his talent and will, thanks to his friends and fans!!

E
E
The thing is that Derrick has the talent/looks/personality to become very famous if he gets just a little break. I've been around musicians all of my life. I've met so many people like Derrick who had incredible talent but no real support at home. Almost all of them finally gave up and "got a real job" when playing for $100 a night in clubs trying to get "discovered" wouldn't pay the bills. That's a tragedy not only for the person with such talent but for the rest of us who are deprived of ever experiencing that talent.

That is why I'm proud to promote this fundraiser and donate what I can to give Derrick the break that so many other deserving musicians never got. I've also got a feeling that if/when he becomes famous and rich he won't forget where he came from.

God Bless The Reef!
P
P
I think the fundraiser tomorrow will be packed, and I have little doubt the target will be passed and Derrick will have a bit of spending money. And I'll be there trying to help it happen.

E
E
I'm so glad to see so many merchants contributing to the raffle. Heck I wish I was there just to bid on a couple of the items.

God Bless The Reef!
Hey, ExOkie.. you can bid (0r at least buy raffle tickets) from afar. Just PM either COZMO (Nancy Scott) or tacogirl and they can give you the details on how to buy them.

Better do it quick though as the draw is tomorrow.

Gotta tell you though, that I bought some tickets so some of the prizes already have my name on them.. laugh

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 84 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,044
Members20,484
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.